Saturday, October 31, 2015

Power of Makeup | joecymijares


The Power of Makeup
Hey guys, its Joecy again and here is my own version about the video entitled The Power of Makeup



I was inspired by the video of Nikkie’s Tutorial, wherein she was talking about confidence of every person  by not to feeling afraid to wear makeup and  I can relate to what she was saying.
For me Makeup was discovered/born for people who needs to feel confident and can boost up self-esteem.


As of my story I started wearing makeup during my adolescence stage were my pimple was started to grow,  so the first makeup I tried to wear was a press powder and I wore it for the first time just to cover up my break outs and blemishes… because during that moment I was bullied for having pimple marks and being judge as ugly.. .so I got so depressed,  insecure and hated myself.  I saw my mom’s makeup bag and got curios about it so I tried the press powder and it did covered my dark marks, so I tried it at school and many people would notice that my skin improves a lot without their knowing that im wearing makeup… so I feel better about it and started using press powder , as college days goes by  I started to learn how to wear mascara, eyeliner and even lipstick, and that’s the start of my love for makeup.
Nikkie was right a lot of girls are so hesitant to say that they love makeup, because they were afraid to be judge by people , some would say that it is not natural to see the real you if you wear makeup, In our culture here in the Philippines they believe to the perception or saying “ the less the better” so here in our place for example in public CR if one of the girls is retouching her makeup right on the mirror, as I observe some girls will tend to stare and mostly in their minds they were judging both positively and negatively…it gives pressure to us girls not to wear makeup although deep in our thoughts we want to feel pretty and confident at the same time, so we have no choice.
So as for me wearing makeup is not wrong most especially if your work or profession needs an impression from your client. It is also important to gain respect most especially if you want to impress somebody just make sure your wearing makeup that correctly suits to the occasion so that you will not be judge that’s why learning different types and techniques is a must for beginners. It is ok to have your real you with your bare face without any makeup on,  but my point is Makeup is  an instrument to enhance your inner beauty and to build up confidence to face people every day.
So what I would do, I will put on makeup right on this side on my face and on the other side will be left as bare skin with no makeup on so that you would see the changes or the enhancement that is going to happened.



So do not be afraid to enhance yourself and to be a better you it is ok to feel pretty, let the world know that you are beautiful both inside and out… we cannot control judgements of other people but the only thing that we can control is our selves so be good, embrace life with full of optimism and feel free to be you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment